Zoom LiveTrak L-8 Portable 8-Channel Digital Mixer and Multitrack Recorder
- Portable Podcasting/Music Studio
- 6 XLR-1/4″ Mic/Line Inputs with +48V
- 10 Faders to Control Audio Levels
- Multitrack Recording via SD Card and USB
Zoom LiveTrak L-8 digital mixer and recorder puts the flexibility of Zoom’s popular LiveTrak L-Series range in a compact and portable format that’s optimized for podcasting and music production on the go. The LiveTrak L-8 provides tactile controls and intuitive functionality, so you can start a podcasting or music recording session in minutes.
With six mic preamps, four independent headphone outputs, a phone tap for call-in interviews, and six sound pads, the LiveTrak L-8 can easily handle roundtable podcasts or tracking multiple musicians. Since it can be operated on AA batteries or a USB power supply, it can join you no matter where you go to record.
Whether you record to an SD card, stream via USB to a computer or iOS mobile device, or do both at the same time, the LiveTrak L-8 gives you up to 12 channels of simultaneous multitrack recording. Just add microphones (dynamic or condenser), hook up headphones, and get ready to produce quality content in no time.
Panel Podcasts are No Problem
- Thanks to its six transparent, low-noise mic preamps with selectable phantom power, the LiveTrak L-8 can accommodate dynamic or condenser microphones for you and multiple guests.
- Just insert an SDHC or SDXC card to start recording right away. Keep in mind that you can multitrack record via USB to a computer or iOS mobile device (separately available Apple Camera Connection Kit required) whether or not you track to an SD card.
- No matter which media you choose, the L-8 records separate tracks to ensure flexibility in post-production processes such as editing and mixing.
Six Sound Pads for Triggering Samples or Music
- Use sound effects and music clips to add excitement to your podcast. The LiveTrak L-8 features six assignable sound pads that allow you to instantly trigger effects, music, applause, prerecorded interviews, or ads.
- The LiveTrak L-8 comes with 13 preset sounds for its sound pads, making it ready for out-of-the-box production.
Easy Phone Call Interviews
- The LiveTrak L-8’s phone tap lets you easily interview a guest who is calling in remotely on the phone or via common apps like Skype and FaceTime.
- Simply connect your mobile device to the 3.5mm TRRS port using the supplied TRRS cable (some iOS devices may require a Lightning to headphone jack adapter), and the L-8 utilizes a mix-minus function to ensure that the caller won’t hear their own voice echoing back to them.
Multiple Independent Headphone Outputs
- The host and each guest in your podcast should clearly hear the content of your production. The L-8 offers four 1/4″ stereo headphone outputs with independent level controls and mix selectors.
- The main headphone output is sourced from the master output while the three other headphone outs can be assigned to the master mix or an independent cue mix.
- Connect the balanced XLR stereo master outputs to a pair of active speakers for convenient monitoring.
Track Song Demos with Multiple Musicians
- You can easily record song demos and live performances with multiple musicians using the LiveTrak L-8.
- The first two channels of the L-8 support 1/4″ Hi-Z inputs for direct connection of instruments such as a guitar and bass.
- Channels 7-8 feature 1/4″ line inputs, which can be used to plug in a drum machine or stereo keyboard.
- Utilize the remaining inputs (channels 3-6) for mics on sources such as vocals and drums.
- The four 1/4″ headphone outputs allow you to create custom mixes for each musician.
Flexible Powering Methods
- Conveniently run the L-8 in remote locations via four AA batteries—up to 2 hours via alkaline batteries, up to 3.5 hours via 1900 mAh NiMH batteries, or up to 6.5 hours via lithium batteries (batteries available separately).
- A USB cable and the Zoom AD-17 USB-to-AC adapter are included for powering the L-8 from an AC outlet.
- Alternatively, you can power the L-8 via a USB battery or power bank.
- The L-8’s USB connection is designed to eliminate accidental interruptions, giving you power on which you can rely.
Efficiently Save and Recall Entire Scenes
- Set your levels, dial in the mix, then save your settings in one of the L-8’s seven scene presets.
- Recall a scene at the push of a button to instantly reconfigure the L-8.
- Create different scenes for common scenarios such as podcasting, live streaming, band rehearsals, and more.
Record up to 12 Tracks
- The L-8 records up to 10 discrete tracks and a stereo mix directly to an SD card at up to 24-bit / 96 kHz.
- Use the L-8 as a 12-input / 4-output audio interface with your computer or iOS mobile device via USB at up to 24-bit / 48 kHz.
- Punch record and overdub at any time for more complex productions.
- Optimize the sound of your tracks via onboard effects and each channel’s 3-band EQ and low-cut filter (effects, EQ, and overdub functions are unavailable at 96 kHz).
Zoom L8 Specs
|Inputs||2 x XLR-1/4″ TRS Combo Balanced/Unbalanced Mic/Line/Hi-Z Inputs
4 x XLR-1/4″ TRS Combo Balanced Mic/Line Inputs
2 x 1/4″ TS Unbalanced Line Inputs
1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm TRRS Unbalanced Smartphone I/O
|Outputs||2 x 3-Pin XLR Male Balanced Line Outputs
4 x 1/4″ TRS Female Unbalanced Headphone Outputs
|Input Gain||Mic/Line Inputs with Hi-Z Off: +10 to +54 dB
Mic/Line Inputs with Hi-Z On: -3 to +41 dB
|Input Impedance||XLR: 3 Kilohms
1/4″ TRS Line: 3 Kilohms
1/4″ TS Line: 10 Kilohms
1/4″ Hi-Z: 1 Megohm
3.5 mm TRRS: 10 Kilohms
|Maximum Input Level||Mic/Line Inputs (-26 dB Pad Off): -2 dBu at 0 dBFS
Mic/Line Inputs (-26 dB Pad On): +24 dBu at 0 dBFS
1/4″ TS Line Inputs: +3 dBu
3.5 mm TRRS: +3 dBu
|Phantom Power||+48 VDC|
|Output Impedance||XLR: 100 Ohms
1/4″ TRS: 10 Ohms
|Maximum Output Level||XLR: +14.5 dBu
1/4″ TRS: 10 mW per Channel (60-Ohm Load)
Send EFX: 1
|Channel Control||Low-Cut Filter: 75 Hz at 12 dB/Octave
High EQ (Shelving): ±15 dB at 10 kHz
Mid EQ (Peaking): ±15 dB at 2.5 kHz
Low EQ (Shelving): ±15 dB at 100 Hz
|Level Meters||12 x 9-Segment LEDs|
|Recorder||Maximum Simultaneous Recording Tracks: 12
Maximum Simultaneous Playback Tracks: 10
Bit Depth: 16-Bit or 24-Bit
Sample Rate: 44.1, 48, or 96 kHz
|Supported Media Card Types||SDHC: 4 to 32 GB (Class 10 or Higher)
SDXC: 64 to 512 GB (Class 10 or Higher)
|Audio Interface||Recording: 12 Channels
Playback: 4 Channels
Bit Depth: 24-Bit
Sample Rate: 44.1 or 48 kHz
Interface: USB 2.0
|System Requirements||macOS 10.12 or Later
Intel Core i3 or Faster CPU
USB 3.0 / 2.0 (Operation Is Not Guaranteed When Used with USB Hubs or Expansion Cards)Windows 7 SP1 or Later (32-/64-Bit)
Intel Core i3 or Faster CPU (Operation Is Not Guaranteed with CPUs from Atom, Celeron, or Pentium Series or CPUs Made by AMD)
USB 3.0 / 2.0 (Only USB Host Controllers with Intel Chipsets are Supported; Operation Is Not Guaranteed When Used with USB Hubs or Expansion Cards)iOS 10 or Later
Apple Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter Required
|Card Reader||Class: Mass Storage USB 2.0 High Speed|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz to 20 kHz -1 dB at 44.1 kHz
20 Hz to 40 kHz -3 dB at 96 kHz (Gain at 3 O’Clock)
|Equivalent Input Noise||≤121 dBu EIN (IHF-A) at +54 dB, 150-Ohm Input|
|Display||96 x 64 Backlit LCD|
|Power Requirements||Battery: 4 x AA Batteries (Alkaline, NiMH, or Lithium)
AC: Zoom AD-17 AC Adapter
DC: 5 V, 1 A
USB Bus Power
|Battery Life||Alkaline: Up to 2 Hours
NiMH (1900 mAh): Up to 3.5 Hours
Lithium: Up to 6.5 HoursTesting Conditions: 4-Channel Recording at 16-Bit / 44.1 kHz to SD Card with Phantom Power Off, LCD Backlight at 15 Seconds, Battery Save On, and 62-Ohm Headphone Impedance
|Power Consumption||5 W|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||10.6 x 11.1 x 2.9″ / 26.8 x 28.2 x 7.4 cm|
|Weight||3.4 lb / 1.6 kg|
|Package Weight||4.975 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||13.9 x 13.4 x 3.8″|