GH5 MKII | Mirrorless Camera (Body Only)
- 20.3MP Live MOS Sensor with AR Coating
- DCI/UHD 4K 60p Video, 10-Bit Internal
- Pre-Installed V-Log L, No Crop 4K Video
- 6.5-Stop 5-Axis Dual I.S. 2
Boasting updated video capabilities and a refined design, the Panasonic Lumix GH5 II provides a professional-quality imaging platform for shooters who demand versatile video and stills capabilities in a single compact camera. Featuring a 20.3MP Live MOS Sensor with AR Coating, the camera records DCI and UHD 4K with the full sensor area and can output
Panasonic Lumix GH5 II provides a professional-quality imaging platform for shooters who demand versatile video and stills capabilities in a single compact camera. Featuring a 20.3MP Live MOS Sensor with AR Coating, the camera records DCI and UHD 4K with the full sensor area and can output 10-bit 4:2:0 internally up to 60p, or 4:2:2 at 30p. The GH5 II offers unlimited video recording for less downtime when filming, and the camera ships with pre-installed V-Log L for multi-camera recording, making it is easy to match the color tone with the footage recorded by other VariCam-series cameras. The included DMW-BLK22 battery provides approximately 410 shots per charge when using the rear monitor or electronic viewfinder, and the high-capacity battery can be quickly charged with the bundled USB 3.1 Type-C cable. You can also supply continuous power to the camera while shooting photos and video via the included USB cable.
A 3″ 1.84m-dot rear TFT LCD monitor provides flexible framing, high visibility, and vivid color to support viewing from a variety of angles. An updated 5-axis sensor stabilization system works with Lumix O.I.S lenses to activate Dual I.S. 2 for highly-effective shake correction. Previously limited to 5 stops of shake reduction, this now means you can compensate for up to 6.5 stops of shutter speed. A Depth-from-Defocus autofocus system benefits both still and video recording modes ensuring fast and precise focus. The GH5 II features human face, eye, head, body, and animal recognition. Deep Learning technology detects the eye and face approximately twice as fast as the GH5 allowing you to concentrate on the composition of your photos and videos. Designed for today’s creators and audiences, the easy-to-use Lumix Sync app for smartphones and tablets provides high-quality livestreaming with minimum equipment. Livestreaming via a router is available as well with Lumix Network Setting Software. Whether indoors or outdoors, only the camera and a smartphone are required to reach an audience, making the GH5 II an ideal camera for electronic news gathering, travel, event, lecture, and live commerce applications.
20.3MP Digital Live MOS Sensor with AR Coating and Venus Engine
4K Video Recording
The GH5 II features outstanding video performance for professional videography and is capable of unlimited video recording in various settings. It can record DCI and UHD 4K 60p 4:2:0 10-bit and simultaneously output 4:2:2 10-bit over HDMI during 4K 60p 4:2:0 10-bit internal recording. An HDMI port is present on the camera for high-quality output for use with external monitors and recorders. The camera also offers high bit-rate recording for highly detailed images free of compression artifacts.
For more advanced users, multiple picture styles provide two types of Cinelike gamma presets in the Photo Style. With these modes warm skin tones or delicate nuances of light and shadow can be reproduced without color grading over V-Log footage. The Cinelike D2 setting gives priority to dynamic range while Cinelike V2 prioritizes contrast. L. Monochrome S and L. Classic Neo have also been added, and all these modes can be used for anamorphic video recording.
The GH5 II is designed to be an expandable system, with multiple options available to help improve video recording capabilities. Examples of this are an optional XLR Microphone Adapter that provides XLR inputs and physical controls through a hot shoe connection. Users can also use standard microphones and headphones via the 3.5mm input and output jacks.
Wireless and Wired Livestreaming
225-Area Depth-from-Defocus Autofocus System
Dual I.S. 2
- A large OLED Live View Finder has an impressive 3.68m-dot resolution and 0.76x magnification for eye-level composition.
- A larger means for image composition and playback, the 3″ 1.84m-dot rear TFT LCD monitor has a free-angle, tilt-and-swivel design to support viewing from a variety of angles. It is also a touchscreen, which permits intuitive menu navigation and settings control.
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots provide settings such as Relay Recording to automatically switch cards when one is full; Backup Recording, which records the same data to both cards simultaneously; and Allocation Recording, which lets you save certain files to each card for easier organization.
- Constructed from magnesium alloy with die-cast front and rear frames, the GH5 II features a durable design that also incorporates extensive sealing at each joint, dial, and button to render it both splash and dustproof as well as freezeproof to 14°F.
6K and 4K PHOTO
Other Camera Features
- A mechanical focal plane shutter enables a fast maximum shutter speed of 1/8000 sec, as well as a top flash sync speed of 1/250 sec. An electronic shutter function also avails a top shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec to better enable working in bright conditions and with wider aperture settings.
- Depending on the lens in use, the included DMW-BLK22 battery provides approximately 410 shots per charge when using the rear monitor or electronic viewfinder.
- A trio of new Photo Style modes include L. Classic Neo for a film-like effect with a soft and nostalgic feeling, L. Monochrome S for black and white portraits with a gentle look, Cinelike D2 which prioritizes dynamic range, and Cinelike V2 for prioritizing contrast.
- Pre-installed V-Log L for multi-camera recording and editing makes it is easy to match the color tone with the footage recorded by other VariCam-series cameras.
Panasonic DC-GH5 II Specs
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Sensor Type||17.3 x 13 mm (4/3″) MOS|
|Sensor Resolution||Actual: 21.77 Megapixel
Effective: 20.33 Megapixel
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Image File Format||JPEG, Raw|
|Image Stabilization||Sensor-Shift, 5-Axis|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 200 to 25600 (Extended: 100 to 25600)|
|Shutter Speed||Electronic Shutter
1/16000 to 60 Second
1 to 60 Seconds in Bulb Mode
Electronic Front Curtain Shutter
1/2000 to 60 Seconds
1 to 30 Minutes in Bulb Mode
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Highlight Weighted, Multiple, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-5 to +5 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|Metering Range||0 to 18 EV|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, Incandescent, Shade, White Set 1, White Set 2, White Set 3, White Set 4|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 12 fps at 20.3 MP
Up to 30 fps at 18 MP
Up to 60 fps at 8 MP
|Recording Modes||H.265/MOV 4:2:0 10-Bit
6K Anamorphic (4992 x 3774) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p [200 Mb/s] 4K Anamorphic (3328 x 2496) at 50p [200 Mb/s] DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 50p/59.94p [200 Mb/s] UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 50p/59.94p [200 Mb/s] H.264/MOV 4:2:2 10-Bit
DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p [150 to 400 Mb/s] DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 50p/59.94p [200 Mb/s] UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p [150 to 400 Mb/s] 4K Anamorphic (3328 x 2496) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p [150 to 400 Mb/s] Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [100 to 200 Mb/s] H.264/MOV 4:2:0 8-Bit
4K Anamorphic (3328 x 2496) at 23.976p/24.00p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [100 to 150 Mb/s] DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p [100 to 150 Mb/s] UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [100 to 150 Mb/s] Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [100 Mb/s] H.265/MP4 4:2:0 10-Bit
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [72 to 100 Mb/s] H.264/MP4 4:2:0 8-Bit
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p [100 Mb/s] Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [20 to 28 Mb/s]
|External Recording Modes||4:2:2 10-Bit|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto: 200 to 12800 (Extended: 100 to 12800)|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
External Microphone Input (Stereo)
|Audio File Format||AAC, Linear PCM|
|Focus Type||Auto and Manual Focus|
|Focus Mode||Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Flexible (AFF), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Contrast Detection: 225|
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-4 to +18 EV|
|Viewfinder Type||Electronic (OLED)|
|Viewfinder Resolution||3,680,000 Dot|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||21 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 76x|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +3|
|Display Type||Free-Angle Tilting Touchscreen LCD|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Auto/Red-Eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced On/Red-Eye Reduction, Off, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction|
|Maximum Sync Speed||1/250 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||TTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe, PC Terminal|
|Media/Memory Card Slot||Dual Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II) [V90 or Faster Recommended]|
|Connectivity||USB Type-C (USB 3.1), HDMI A (Full Size), 2.5mm Sub-Mini, 3.5mm Headphone, 3.5mm Microphone|
|Operating Temperature||14 to 104°F / -10 to 40°C|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 80%|
|Battery||1 x DMW-BLK22 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 2200 mAh (Approx. 400 Shots)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||5.5 x 3.9 x 3.4″ / 138.5 x 98.1 x 87.4 mm|
|Weight||1.6 lb / 727 g (Body with Battery and Memory)|
|Package Weight||2.795 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||7.5 x 6.1 x 5.7″|