Angenieux 48-130mm T3 Optimo Style Zoom Lens (PL Mount)
- Covers Super 35mm Sensor Size
- Interchangeable ARRI PL Mount
- Constant T3 Maximum Aperture
- Geared Focus, Zoom, and Iris Rings
- Clickless Iris Control
- Color Matched with Optimo-Series Lenses
- Minimized Focus Breathing
- 114mm Front Diameter
Angenieux 48-130mm T3 Optimo Style Zoom Lens offers a 2.7x zoom range inside a compact lens while maintaining a relatively fast aperture.
Optically, this lens natively covers Super 35 formats, up to 34.6mm diagonal, including the RED Helium 8K sensor. Its light weight ensures that it can be used in payload-conscious situations, including scenarios with gimbals, remote heads, and steadicams. Coatings applied to the glass elements reduce flare and ensure that the lens will color-match with other Optimo and Optimo Style lenses. Precise focus mechanisms inside the lens reduce breathing and space.
Mechanically, the native PL mount interfaces with digital cinema cameras that use a standard ARRI PL mount. Other mount options, such as Canon EF or Panavision PV are available separately. The focus, zoom, and iris rings all feature 0.8 MOD cinema-standard gearing for lens control accessories, and the focus ring has a long 320° throw with 20 witness marks for precise focus pulls. A 114mm front diameter ensures compatibility with standard matte boxes and filters.
Whether you’re shooting a feature film or a cinéma vérité documentary, cinematographers of all types can benefit from having a longer focal length lens that can be easily deployed and transport.
- 2.7x zoom range with a telephoto position of 130mm in a compact form factor
- Constant T3 aperture throughout the entire zoom range
- Image circle covers S35 with a diagonal up to 34.6mm (fully covers RED 8K Helium sensor)
- Compact design allows for gimbal, steadicam, and remote head operation
- Color-matched with renowned Optimo lenses
- Internal focus, minimal breathing
- Precise and ergonomic focus ring with scale rotation of 320 degrees with over 20 focus witness marks
- Compatible with the Angénieux Servo Unit
- Compatible with Optimo 1.4x and 2x extenders (67-182mm at T4.2 with 1.4x, 96-260mm at T6 with 2x)
- Robust Angeneiux rod mechanical guiding system for focus and zoom travel
- Available in PL mount and easily interchangeable to Panavision PV and Canon EF mounts
Angenieux 48-130mm specs
Focal Length 48 – 130mm Lens Mount ARRI PL Format Super 35/APS-C Image Circle 34.6 mm Maximum T-Stop T3 Minimum T-Stop Not Specified by Manufacturer Horizontal Angle of View Super 35: 25.6 – 9.8° Minimum Focus Distance from Image Plane 3.08′ / 0.94 m Elements/Groups Not Specified by Manufacturer Iris Blades Not Specified by Manufacturer Gear MOD & Pitch Focus: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
Zoom: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
Iris: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
Front Diameter 114 mm Filter Thread None Focus Scales Imperial Focus Rotation 320° Iris Rotation Not Specified by Manufacturer Zoom Rotation Not Specified by Manufacturer Zoom Ratio 2.7x Electronic Communication No Tripod Mounting Thread None Dimensions (W x H) Not Specified by Manufacturer Length 8.11″ / 206 mm Weight 4.3 lb / 1.95 kg Packaging Info Package Weight 12.4 lb Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 19.5 x 12.2 x 12.1″